WLES Family Handbook
Administration of medication by school personnel
A completed Request for Administration of Medication by School Personnel form is required each school year or when the need is identified or when the student transfers to another school, to authorize the administration of prescribed medication to students who require it during school hours, or when the medication and/or dosage requirements change.
A few students may experience severe allergic reactions to bee, hornet, wasp or other flying insect stings or to certain foods (e.g., peanuts). Epi-pen is the only emergency injection method approved for administration in school by school personnel. Two doses on site at school are recommended.
Thank you for helping us make sure your children are safe and healthy.
At Willow Landing, the staff, students and parents realize that they are part of a community. A community that is more than just our school. We do their part to help and be active in this larger community. Here are some of the programs and organizations that Willow Landing is involved with:
- VIP Programme in partnership with Barrie Police Services
- Eat Well to Excel snack basket programme
- Terry Fox Run
- October Food Drive
- Christmas Cheer Campaign
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Discovery Daycare
- Go Boys Pilot project
- No Child Without
- Welcome to Kindergarten (beginning)
- Queen's University teacher candidates
- Lakehead University teacher candidates
- Georgian College – E.C.E., D.S.W., Child & Youth Worker student placements
- Co-op students from Innisdale S.S. and Barrie Central Collegiate